If you want my opinion why blogging can be so a great hobby and even a side income for you I recommend you to read my blog post CLICK HERE
Here are some useful tips if you want to start up a successful blog:
It is just so important to find the right niche for you when you start up your blog:
Most lifestyle bloggers I know who are successful, have either been blogging for YEARS (so their audience has built up over time), or it’s because they know WHO their target audience is.
For example, successful lifestyle bloggers know exactly who they are writing for, and their topics feel reliable to their readers because they are targeted to a specific audience.
Let’s say you want to start a mom blog. You could talk about a variety of topics that other moms would enjoy. Think about WHO exactly your reader is.
– What do they do ? (are they stay-at-home moms ? are they working moms ?)
– What are their interests ?
– What’s their biggest struggle ?
– How can you help them ?
When I first started blogging, I didn’t have a clear focus and wrote about everything under the sun (travel, health, beauty, House and Garden, Personal Finance). The more I wrote though,
the more I realized I that I loved writing about personal finance. Now my blog focuses on helping others to make money online, so they can live their best life.
Having a strong niche that motivate and interests you can help establish you as an expert in your field.
Here are some other benefits of having a niche:
- When someone visits your blog, it’ll be easy for them to know what your blog is about and if it’s right for them.
- When you know WHO your target audience is, it’s a lot easier for you to create relevant content your readers will love.
- Having a niche will help you build an engaged audience.
Here are some ideas for your blog niche. The possibilities are endless!
- Fitness & Health.
- Relationships and Dating.
- Family, and more!
When finding Your Niche then look for:
- What are you passionate about ?
- What are your skills ?
- Are you knowledge about a certain topic or are interested in learning more about a specific topic ?
- What are you currently learning about ? (You don’t have to be an expert at something to start a blog. Maybe you’re on a journey to paying off debt and want to share your tips with others).
When you have found your niche then have a crystal clear purpose with your blog :
You should be able to give a clear answer to the purpose of your blog with these kinds of questions:
- Can your blog define its purpose in one second ?
- Who is the blog for ?
- What are you trying to achieve through your blog ?
- How intentional your blog content is ?
- Are you extremely passionate and creative about your blog ?
If you have found the right niche for you, it is just so much more easy to work with your blog and the purpose of your blog.
I’m not going to lie…I’ve even had trouble with defining my purpose over the first year but better late than never, right ?
What if you don’t define your blog purpose clearly ?
- You will have no direction.
- Your audience will remain confused and then, leave.
- You will get easily demotivated to write.
You don’t want that, right ?
When you establish a purpose, you will:
- Have more clarity and focus.
- Attract the right audience.
- Be more specific with your content, products, and marketing.
- Practice creativity because it’s vital to your purpose.
- Be more confident and consistent.
Instead of being everywhere and looking for answers to your problems, you should focus on finding your blog purpose.
– Make it crystal clear.
– Make it understandable.
– Make it transparent.
I recommend that you do this,
Answer these three straightforward questions and write your blog mission statement.
- Who is your ideal client/audience ?
- What do they need ?
- How your blog or business can help them ?
There, you have it!
Take your time, and polish your blog statement.
Remember, everything you do in your blog should be directly related to your purpose and ideal reader.
Be a Goal-setter with Your Blog:
Goal setting is a powerful actionable process of motivating yourself to turn your vision into reality.
Are you thrilled to see your blog goals come true ?
If yes, you got to set some goals!
Start seeing the bigger picture already when you start up your blogging.
Many bloggers take a head start with their blogs without knowing what they want.
I was guilty of making the same mistake unless I find myself doing everything, but nothing at all.
I want you to visualize and see where would you like to take your blog in the next 3 years ?
Next, set smaller segments of your bigger goal.
Last, prepare an action plan to achieve those minor goals.
If you want to turn your blog into a business and make money from it, you need to take a notebook and a pen and create your own little business plan. What are your short term and long term goals ? How exactly are you going to get there ? Describe all the steps you need to take to get there!
Before you write your next post or brainstorm a new idea, set your blogging goals and prepare a plan.
If you have already captured the big picture, and yearly goals, consider quarterly goals.
Let me ask you…
What do you want to accomplish in the next quarter ?
- Hit first 10,000 page views.
- Write 25 blog posts.
- Make your first $500.
- Build your first 1,000 email subscribers.
- Grow your Instagram followers to 2500.
- Create your first digital product
Think about it, and decide your own goal.
Now, divide those quarterly goals into monthly goals.
Take a few minutes.
Grab a paper and pen to write your goals.
(I love using paper planners and some planners I recommend are slay your goals planner and smart blog planner)
Make them specific and clear.
Focus on what’s measurable, and achievable!
By doing this, you will know exactly what you need to do with your blog.
Next, make a To do list, so you can organize your tasks and plan on a daily/weekly basis.
Planning is a key issue for a successful blogger.
When you have your little business plan then next you will have to set up your blog:
There’s more than one way to set up a blog. Frankly, this can be a good thing or a bad thing. If you’re just starting out, it’s extremely overwhelming to figure out which tools, resources, and software to use building your blog.
What you need to start up your blog is basically:
- Domain name.
- Website hosting.
- Content Management System.
- Theme for your blog.
- Plugins to help design your blog.
- Content for the blog.
If you are new to blogging you can risk spending a long time researching which platform to use, which hosting provider to select, which theme to install, which plugins to use etc.
BUT you could save yourself insane amounts of time and hassle and use my recommendation of a FREE Course that can help you with all the issues of starting up a blog and you will have everything in one place. I will give you a step by step guide to set up your blog the RIGHT WAY where you need no previous experience with blogging or how to set up a blog.
You can sign up for my FREE blogging Course – CLICK HERE
If you want to build a successful blog and business, you HAVE to take action NOW and keeping taking action every single day.
Taking action is what separates the successful bloggers from the “I tried that once and it didn’t work” bloggers.